Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our top priority.
1.1 The Business takes the security and privacy of your data seriously. We need to gather and use information or ‘data’ about you as part of our operations and to manage our relationship with you. We intend to comply with our legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 (the ‘2018 Act’) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) in respect of data privacy and security. We have a duty to notify you of the information contained in this policy.
1.2 This policy applies to customers/suppliers. If you fall into one of these categories then you are a ‘data subject’ for the purposes of this policy. We will update this policy from time to time.
1.3 The Business is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of your data. This means that we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your data.
1.4 This policy explains how the Business will hold and process your information. It explains your rights as a data subject.
2.1 Personal data must be processed in accordance with six ‘Data Protection Principles.’ It must:
• be processed fairly, lawfully and transparently;
• be collected and processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
• be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
• be accurate and kept up to date. Any inaccurate data must be deleted or rectified without delay;
• not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed; and
• be processed securely.
2.2 We are accountable for these principles and must be able to show that we are compliant.
3.1 ‘Personal data’ means information which relates to a living person who can be identified from that data (a ‘data subject’) on its own, or when taken together with other information which is likely to come into our possession. It includes any expression of opinion about the person and an indication of the intentions of us or others, in respect of that person. It does not include anonymised data.
3.2 This policy applies to all personal data whether it is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.
3.3 Your personal data will have been provided by you either by making an online purchase, or creating an account.
3.4 We will collect and use the following types of personal data about you:
• your name
• your address
• your email address
• your phone number
• any other category of personal data which we may notify you of from time to time.
4.1 ‘Processing’ means any operation which is performed on personal data such as:
• collection, recording, organisation, structuring or storage;
• adaption or alteration;
• retrieval, consultation or use;
• disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available;
• alignment or combination; and
• Restriction, destruction or erasure.
4.2 This includes processing personal data which forms part of a filing system and any automated processing.
5.1 The Business will process your personal data (including special categories of personal data) in accordance with our obligations under the 2018 Act.
5.2 We will use your personal data for:
• performing the contract between us (supplying goods to you);
• complying with any legal obligation; or
• if it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or for the legitimate interests of someone else). However, we can only do this if your interests and rights do not override ours (or theirs). You have the right to challenge our legitimate interests and request that we stop this processing. See details of your rights in section 8 below.
5.3 We can process your personal data for these purposes without your knowledge or consent. We will not use your personal data for an unrelated purpose without telling you about it and the legal basis that we intend to rely on for processing it.
6.1 We have to process your personal data in various situations.
• to market and provide you with notifications of promotions;
• running our operations and planning for the future;
• the prevention and detection of fraud or other criminal offences;
• to defend the Business in respect of any investigation or litigation and to comply with any court or tribunal orders for disclosure*;
• for any other reason which we may notify you of from time to time.
6.2 We do not take automated decisions about you using your personal data or use profiling in relation to you.
7.1 Sometimes we might share your personal data with external organisations to carry out our obligations under our contract with you or for our legitimate interests such ensuring a courier is aware of where the order needs to be delivered.
7.2 We require those companies to keep your personal data confidential and secure and to protect it in accordance with the law and our policies. They are only permitted to process your data for the lawful purpose for which it has been shared and in accordance with our instructions.
7.3 We may send your personal data outside the European Economic Area and have a data sharing agreement in place between relevant businesses to ensure the security of your data.
8.1 Data subjects can make a ‘subject access request’ (‘SAR’) to find out the information we hold about them.
9.1 You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
9.2 You have the right to access your own personal data by way of a subject access request (see above).
9.3 You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
9.4 You have the right to request that we erase your personal data where we were not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose it was collected.
9.5 While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for its use to be restricted while the application is made.
9.6 You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop.
9.7 You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data and to transfer your personal data to another data controller. We will not charge for this and will in most cases aim to do this within one month.
9.8 With some exceptions, you have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making.
9.9 You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data.
9.10 In most situations we will not rely on your consent as a lawful ground to process your data. If we do however request your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right not to consent or to withdraw your consent later.
9.11 You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. You can do this be contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly. Full contact details including a helpline number can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.org.uk). This website has further information on your rights and our obligations.